LOGISTICS + OPERATIONS TEAM MEMBER
House of Blanks is looking for talented individuals to join our growing team at our Mississauga offices. We are looking for full or part time employees with a desire to learn and grow in a thriving e-commerce environment. You will be responsible for facilitating the completion of day-to-day operations with a focus on logistics and order fulfillment. Tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure all orders are packed correctly and dispatched on time
- Ensure products are shipped efficiently and securely to ensure the quality of goods during transportation
- Review packaging options and provide appropriate, cost-effective, high-quality solutions
- Responsible for accuracy of packing and shipping processes through the e-commerce ordering process
- Ensure all shipments are compliant with import/export/customs regulations
- Support new business initiatives and contribute to review meetings to find new solutions and opportunities. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the identified solutions.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities to ensure processes are as environmentally responsible as possible
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations consulting with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Monitor carrier/supplier service against performance criteria
- Resolve any issues related to transportation, logistics systems, imports/exports or customer issues
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, identify inefficiencies, and cost optimization opportunities
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
- Manage continuous improvement of internal logistics and warehouse processes
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Strong planning, problem solving and organization skills
- Develop and implement new methods and procedures to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Drive collaborative discussions between various departments in support of operational execution against inventory, sales and marketing plans, etc.
- Strong computer skills are required
- Shipping/Fulfillment/Import/Export Knowledge is a plus
- E-Commerce/Shopify experience is a plus
Please send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All interested applicants must include the subject line: HOUSE OF BLANKS: Logistics + Operations Career.